On Wednesday 6th April The Publican Awards for 2011 were announced. Each year (although, maybe not from next year as The Publican and the Morning Advertiser have both just merged) licensees, staff and anyone connected to the pub industry vote for who they think should win an award. There are 17 categories and we have posted the winners below.
- Publican of the Year – Michael Ibbotson of The Durham Ox, North Yorkshire
- Barperson of the Year – Rebecca Jones of Terra Nova, South Wales
- Family Pub of the Year – Swiss Cottage, West Sussex
- Corporate Social Responsibility 2011 Award – Adnams, Suffolk
- Multiple Operator of the Year (2-19 Outlets) – Renaissance Pubs, London
- Regional Brewer of the Year – Fuller’s, London
- Freehouse of the Year – The Driftwood Spars, Cornwall
- Tenanted and Leased Pub of the Year – Cask Pub & Kitchen, London
- Tenanted and Leased Pub Company of the Year – Marston’s
- Music Pub of the Year – Golden Fleece, Essex
- Community Pub of the Year – The Grays Inn, Aberdeen
- Pub Design of the Year – Horatio Todd’s, Northern Ireland
- Customer Service Pub of the Year – The Station Hotel, Manchester
- Food Pub of the Year – Shibden Mill Inn, West Yorkshire
- Accommodation Pub of the Year – The Wiremill, Surrey
- Managed Pub Company of the Year – Fuller, Smith and Turner
- Newcomer of the Year – Steve Smith of the Freemasons, Lancashire
Congratulations to them all! Check out the above pubs and see if you agree with the awards. It appears it’s 50/50 with our reviewers..
Have a good weekend – hopefully the sun will be out all weekend and your local might even have a BBQ on if you are lucky!